Academic year 2017-2018
Weekly fees: £180 + VAT
- The fees are based on a minimum of 34 weeks for the academic year
- Fees for 1st Term (Minimum of 13 consecutive weeks from Sunday 17th September to Sunday 17th December 2017 – extra weeks charged pro-rata): £2,616.60 payable by 10th October 2017
- Fees for 2nd Term (Minimum of 12 consecutive weeks from Sunday 7th January to Sunday 1st April 2018 – extra weeks charged pro-rata): £2,349.60 payable by 29th January 2018
- Fees for 3rd Term (Minimum of 9 consecutive weeks from Sunday 15th April to Sunday 17th June 2018 – extra weeks charged pro-rata): £1,762.20 payable by 4th May 2018
- Full VAT is payable for the first 4 weeks of the student´s stay (valid only for newly arrived residents). Thereafter 50% of the fees are charged at standard 20% VAT and the other 50% are VAT exempt.
As guidance, dates when Ashwell will be opened during 2017/2018 academic year:
- Autumn: 1st September 2017 – 22nd December 2017
- Spring: 2nd January 2018 – (Ashwell does not close over Easter Holidays)
- Summer close: 17th June 2018
Once a place has been offered to a Resident, it is secured by making a non-refundable inscription fee of £50 and an advance payment of £150. This amount is automatically offset against the student’s final invoice as long as there is no outstanding debt or damage to property.
- Any student wishing to leave before the end of the academic year must give four weeks’ notice before the end of the first term. No refunds of fees can be made to students who leave mid-term.
- The full amount of fees for each term is due within two weeks of arrival. A £10 per week administration fee will be charged for late payment.
- Holiday periods: Ashwell House is closed during Christmas and for the summer. Students may stay during the Easter holidays, paying pro rata, and students may leave their belongings in their respective rooms over Christmas break. Rooms should be left empty at the end of the year. Returning residents can store their luggage in Ashwell over the summer for a fee of £100, paid in advance.
The fees include:
- Accommodation in individual study bedrooms
- Access to all facilities, including the library, computer room, common rooms and bike shed
- Breakfast and dinner on weekdays
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at weekends
- Bed linen and towel laundry service
- A personal weekly laundry service
- The accommodation period runs for a minimum of 34 weeks from the start of the winter term and finishes at the end of the summer term.
- Fees are payable in advance.