Academic year 2019-2020
For more information, please download the Fee Information document by clicking on the link located to the right of the browser.
Weekly fees: £210*
- The fees are based on a minimum of 37 weeks for the academic year. Fees are payable termly in advance.
* For newly arrived residents, the first four weeks are charged at £230 per week to include full VAT (Value added Tax) which is levied at 20% for the first 28 nights of your stay. Thereafter 50% of the fees are charged at standard 20% VAT and the other 50% are VAT exempt, which is included in the fee of £210.
As guidance, Ashwell will be open during 2019/2020 academic year on following dates:
- Autumn: 1st September 2019 – 22nd December 2019
- Spring & Summer: 2nd January 2020 – 13th June 2020
Once a place has been offered to a resident, it is secured by making a deposit of £210. The deposit will be refunded when the resident leaves, minus damages and any other reasonable costs incurred as a result of a breach by the resident of any of her obligations under the licence agreement.
- Any student wishing to leave before the end of the academic year must give four weeks’ written notice before the end of the first term. No refunds of fees can be made to students who leave mid-term.
- After the due date, a late payment charge of £10 per week will be incurred. This will be deducted from the security deposit.
- Ashwell House is closed during Christmas and for the summer.
- Students may leave their belongings in their respective rooms over the Christmas break. Rooms should be left empty at the end of the year.
- Returning residents can store their luggage in Ashwell over the summer for a fee of £100, paid in advance.
The fees include:
- Accommodation in individual study bedrooms
- Access to all facilities, including the library, computer room, common rooms and bike shed
- Breakfast and dinner on weekdays
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at weekends
- Bed linen and towel laundry service
- A personal weekly laundry service